BOGOTA’S TOP 10 FESTIVALS & FAIRS
Bogota is an exciting city with a highly diversified cultural life. Whenever you come to town you are bound to find a theater festival, a jazz concert, a major international pop group playing.
1. F ...
eria Internacional del Libro: This international book-fair takes place during the first half of every year. It is one of the largest book-fairs in the America’s, welcoming writers, publishers and buyers from all over the workd. Each year a different country is invited as the main guest. In 2007 Bogota was named World Book Capital because of this Fair. (http://www.feriadellibro.com/)
2. Bogota Fashion Week: This yearly event takes place in Mid-February at Corferias and showcases the best of Colombian designers, as well as foreigners. If fashion is your passion this is a great place to see new trends. This event brings together clothes designers, footwear designers, jewelers and leather goods manufacturers. Over 750 international buyers come Bogota’s Fashion week.
3. International Theater Festival: During the two weeks prior to Easter Sunday in even years (2014, 2016, 2018, etc), Bogota hosts perhaps the biggest theater festival anywhere. Hundreds of companies from around the world perform in dozens of theaters. There are also free performances in plazas and parks, as well as street parades. (http://festivaldeteatro.com.co/)
4. Rock al Parque: This is the largest rock festival in all of South America, and takes place every year in early July. Most of the concerts are given at the Simon Bolivar Park, and entrance is free. You can listen to local bands as well as international stars. (www.rackalparque.gov.co)
5. Feria de las Colonias: This is a wonderful fair that allows you to travel throughout Colombia in one day. Corferias is transforms each of its pavilions into a different region of the country. Each pavilion features culture, gastronomy, tourism, handcrafts as well as a vast range of products, services and projects that gather the most representative of each region. Each year a different region is showcased presenting its main attractions business, craft, cultural, musical and art projects. If you are in Bogota during July, make sure to visit this colorful and vibrant fair. It will be a memorable day. (http://www.feriadelascolonias.com/index.cfm)
6. Festival de Verano: The summer festival held every August includes sporting, recreational and cultural outdoor activities. It is held yearly to celebrate the founding of the city. Most of the events take place at Simon Bolivar Park.
7. Food & Wine: Colombia Humanitaria and the First Lady of the nation crated this festival in 2011 to benefit local farmers that had been affected by a devastating winter. The event includes more than 18 events from elegant dinners hosted by international chefs, cooking and to mixology demonstrations, to wine tastings. Events are held in restaurants, clubs and hotels throughout the city. (www.bogotawineandfood.com)
8. International Film Festival: Since 1986 this festival is held during the months of September and October. IT brings filmmakers from all over the world, and includes screenings, conferences, work and special exhibitions. (http://www.bogocine.com/)
9. Ópera al Parque: Started in 1996, this festival brings this art form from the Opera House in the Candelaria to several venues throughout the city, so that the general public can enjoy this art-form. Each November prestigious Opera singers, musicians, orchestras and conductors, as well as new talent come to participate in this festival.
10. Expoartesanias: For 20 years now, every December Artesanias de Colombia organizes this fair at Corferias. It features international exhibitions of traditional and contemporary crafts. (http://www.expoartesanias.com/ )
Contact our concierge for up-to-date information email@example.com.