Lancaster House is located in the upscale neighborhood of Chico Navarra, in northern Bogota, a vibrant city with plenty to offer. Shopping centers like Unicentro, Santa Barbara and Centro Andino, and trendy entertainment districts like Zona Rosa and Parque 93 can be reached within 10 minutes. Our hotel in Bogota is only 5 minutes from the internationally renowned Barraquer Opthalmology Center, 20 minutes from the U.S. Embassy, and 15 minutes from the World Trade Center.
El Dorado International Airport is located 25 minutes from the hotel.
The Transmilenio mass transportation system passes our hotel with a stop only a few steps away, allowing you easy access to major sites around the city.
The following are some suggestions of places that may interest you, but if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact our concierge.
Here are some suggestions of places that may interest you. If you need any help organizing tours or trips, make sure to contact our concierge:
- Shopping centers
- • Unicentro: Carrera 15 and calle 122
- • Centro Andino: Calle 82 between carrera 11 & 15
- • Hacienda Santa Bárbara: Carrera 7 and calle 116
- • Atlantis Plaza: Calle 81 between carreras 11 & 15
- • Santa Fe: Autopista Norte and calle 200
- • Bulevar Niza: Avenida 127 and Avenida Suba
- • Metropolis: Avenida 68 and calle 100
- • Barraquer Clinic: Calle 100 and Avenida 19
- • Reina Sofía Hospital: Avenida 127 and Autopista
- • Santa Fe Foundation: Carrera 7 and calle 116
- • Country Clinic: Carrera 15 and calle 84
- Restaurant and bar districts
- • Parque 93: Carrera 12 & 13 and calle 93
- • Zona Rosa / Zona T: Calle 82 and carrera 12
- • Zona G: Carrera 5 between calle 67 & 74
- • Usaquén:This is an old town that has been absorbed into the city. Here, colonial houses have been turned into restaurants offering local and international cuisine. On Sundays, you can enjoy a colorful open-air flea market, where you will find all sorts of treasures.
- • Botero Collection: Artwork donated by Botero, including his own work and that of other renowned artists.
- • Gold Museum: Beautiful museum showcasing the wonderful gold work done by pre-Columbian natives.
- • National Museum: Excellent art museum. It usually has temporary exhibits such as Rembrandt and other masters.
- • MAMBO: Bogota Museum of Modern Art.
- • Quinta de Bolivar: Museum showcasing the home of Simon Bolívar.
- Other sites
- • Salt Cathedral: Located 49 kilometers north of Bogota. This is the only cathedral built inside an old salt mine.
- • Ciudad Salitre: In this neighborhood you will find an amusement park, a water park, the children’s museum, and Maloka (science museum).
- • Monserrate: The perfect place for a scenic view of Bogota. Originally founded in 1640 as a Monastery, today you can also find shops as well as the • San Isidro restaurant. Access to Monserrate is via cable car.
- • La Candelaria: The historic part of the City. Here you can observe many colonial style dwellings, as well as the Teatro Colon, the Luis Angel Arango library (the most visited public library in the world), La Casa de la Moneda, Botero Museum, the house of Simon Bolívar, Bolívar Plaza.
- • La Calera, Guatavita and Sopó: Located in the northeast part of the city, these three towns allow you to get acquainted with Andean life while you enjoy beautiful scenery with tall mountains and several lakes.